A recent study shows why you should be concerned
- 8 in 10 Americans admit to creeping on others’ screens
- 83 percent, don’t feel comfortable looking at what they want in public
- 3 in 4 office workers creep on coworkers’ screens
- 1 in 5 say they creep when they could gain something
- 73 percent peek at unclaimed documents left on printers and copiers
- Nearly half of office workers rush to the printer every time they print
Printer Report click here
Are there ways to prevent snooping?
While it may be difficult to prevent coworkers from peaking at your screen or creeping on other coworkers, there are solutions to protect your documents from laying around in a copier or printer tray.
Stop the Print and Sprint
In this report, 44 percent of respondents admitted they would look at it, make a copy, take a picture, or take it if they found unclaimed documents in the printer or copier tray. WOW, nearly 50 percent would take your document? More than half say they rush to the printer every time they print something personal or sensitive to prevent someone from seeing it first. This is called “Print & Sprint” and there is a cure. We work with offices to solve this issue on nearly every install.
More alarming news
In another study, it was discovered, 24 percent of all printed documents are never collected. This means 1 in 4 documents printed within your organization remain lying on the printer tray for anyone to see or take. Outside of a huge waste of money and resources, think of the data breach risks. Something you felt important enough to print, is not retrieved. Probably because you got distracted by another coworker or phone call, and forgot you even printed it.
Solutions to the rescue
Businesses looking to solve their print theft and waste issues should consider talking with their office technology provider or call Stone’s Office Equipment for a free evaluation. Here are a few of the options:
- Account Codes: By activating the account codes on your copier, documents are only printed when the user walks up and inserts their code.
- Badge: ID badges are another way to prevent wasted prints and unwanted eyes from looking at your printed docs. A user simply walks up and taps their ID badge and the prints come out. Safe and secure.
- Software: PaperCut is a leader in paper handling and rules-based printing. PaperCutMF installed on your copier or printer offers the highest security, through their robust tracking, reporting, and something called Find Me Print.
- Find Me Print: This allows you to print to a single global queue, walk up and collect at any device.
Need more information?
Questions? Ready for a Free Quote?
Our staff is standing by and ready to help!
- Call: (804) 288-9000
- Email: email@example.com
"*" indicates required fields