Are you "Drowning" in too much Paper?
Have you ever heard someone say "So much for going paperless – we have more paper than ever"? If so, you are not alone. The “paperless society” we thought about has only produced more paper – and almost every piece of paper that crosses your desk may need to be re-handled sometime in the future, causing employees and offices all across the nation to be less productive than possible.
So, what can you do to reduce paper yet ensure the documentation you need is accessible to you and your people?
Integration of a good document management system customized for your particular workflows is the answer. The right document management solution will enable your employees to
- Retrieve necessary documents quickly and easily
- Organize company information in a more intuitive, accessible manner
- Store electronic documents in a variety of formats to improve organization and accessibility
- Access the same documents at the same time by multiple employees without them being in the same location
- Prevent documents from getting lost or misplaced
Some facts about too much paper
- Retrieval of stored paper documents is expensive and time consuming
- In a "typical" paper-based operation, 40-50% of time is spent storing and retrieving documents
- Lost contracts, sales agreements and purchase orders cause serious problems
- 5-10% of office documents become "lost" or "damaged".
- Paper and file storage is extremely expensive.
- It takes a great deal of time to track down and re-file missing documents.