If your office has been closed and you are preparing to reopen, don’t forget about your printers and copiers. Reduced or no usage for an extended period may create service or print quality issues. Here are some suggestions from our Master Technicians:
- Make sure your equipment is powered off.
- Using anti-bacterial wipes or cleaner with a soft, clean cloth, wipe all exterior surfaces. Make sure you don’t spray directly on the equipment; only on the cloth. Pay extra attention to the most touched areas, like the control panel, document feeder, paper drawer handles.
- Remove paper from each paper source and discard it.
- To prevent waste, use it as scratch pads or note pads.
- In your desktop printer, remove the toner cartridge, and gently shake side-to-side. Reinstall the toner cartridge.
- Replace the paper in trays with fresh paper from unopened paper.
- Now turn your equipment on.
- Use the document below to test your print/copy quality.
- Make 5 prints/copies of this document to allow the toner to distribute properly.
- If the print/copy test looks good, you are ready to go. If you experience any issues with paper misfeed or print quality, please contact us or place a service call.
Stone’s Office Equipment is here for you when you need us.